AGC Education and Research Foundation Workforce Scholarship
Just a reminder that the deadline to submit application for the AGC Education and Research Foundation Workforce Scholarship is June 1st. If you have any students/members who might be interested in applying for the scholarship, please encourage them to apply using this link. Students in technical or approved craft training programs can apply for $1,000 scholarships (renewal for up to two years) from the AGC Education and Research Foundation.
The AGC Education and Research Foundation is committed to taking steps to ensure students have the technical skills needed to immediately enter into the commercial construction workforce.
The Workforce Development Scholarships is open to students enrolled in accredited technical schools or craft training programs in any discipline of commercial construction.
The scholarships below are accepting applications between May 20th, 2021 and June 30th, 2021.
For more details click on the following link:
Graduation is quickly creeping up and you need to start finishing up all coursework as well graduation requirements. Once such requirement is the TSIA 2. The only day that this requirement will be available, at BLA is on Mondays, beginning next week. Please call me so that I can schedule you in the Lab. The sooner the better please don't wait to until the last minute. Access to the TSIA 2 will be on a first come first serve basis. IT IS FREE WITH BISD. There are several options to take the TSIA 2, You can sign up and take it at BLA, 2nd you can take it at your home campus, please submit a copy of your registration to me. 3rd you can take it at the college or university of your choice starting at $11.00 per test. Remember it is not a pass or fail but simply a placement test. For more information, please contact me.
Mark Anthony Chapa
Brownsville Learning Academy
Serving All High and Middle School Students
Professional School Counselor
Decision Day 2021!
Mark. A. Chapa
Counselor HS At Risk
From the Counseling Dept.
Hope everyone is well. Remember you can always contact the Counseling Dept. if you need assistance with anything. I really enjoy talking to each and every one of you, so keep calling. I have asked the teachers to please include me of send me the link to your google classrooms so that I may visit with you. I want to thank those teachers that have already done so and remind the one that haven’t to please add me.
Just a reminder to check you BISD emails, all of you should be receiving emails from me regarding college fairs, FAFSA, Apply TX, and other requirements such as CPR-I, TSIA 2. Please visit your Counseling Dept. Google Classrooms.
What’s happening at the BLA Counseling Dept.
- Many of you have been receiving calls from me as I am reviewing your transcripts and schedules.
- Following up on students that have gone “missing in action” (MIA). With the assistance of Ms. Gomez-Balli, we are reaching out to students and parents and encouraging our students to log on.
- Ms. Mendoza (BLAHS’s CPO) and I, will continue to meet with seniors and to recruit and registering them in the OSHA 30 class for the required CCMR credit. Great News, BLA is offering a Google Analytics Course, which will encompass, how Google works, OSHA and Forklift Certification. We will also be hosting meetings during the school day in the coming weeks with more information.
- Students keep calling regarding log in instructions and how to access your BISD emails, it is very easy, I’ll gladly walk you through it.
- Upperclassmen, remember that there are requirements outside of courses to graduate. I am currently assisting students with the Apply Texas, CPR-I instruction and preparing for the TSIA-2 placement test and Ms. Judy from TSC will also assisting with the FAFSA and TASFA.
- All students must take the “Communicating with Police Officer Training” be looking out on your emails.
- Seniors Visit the BLA Webpage for Scholarship opportunities!!
- TSI Testing start next week 3/01/2021.
- Please continue to remind students about checking their email on daily basis.
- CTE classes start next week 3/01/2021 for seniors to earn the CCMR graduation requirements.